Process Analysis with Multile Flow Units
After learning “HOW TO ANALYZE A PROCESS” it is time to have a look at what you have to do when you come across a Process with Multiple Units.
The analysis consists of 5 STEPS:
1. For each resource, compute the number of minutes that the resource can produce;
2. Create a process flow diagram, indicating how the flow units go through the process;
3. Create a table indicating how much workload each flow unit is consuming at each resource;
4. Add up the workload of each resource across all flow units;
5. Compute the IMPLIED UTILIZATION of each resource as:
The resource with THE HIGHEST implied utilization is the BOTTLENECK.