Assembly Plant of the year 2015
The #AssemblyPlantoftheYear award was initiated in 2004 to showcase world-class production facilities in America, and the people, products and processes that make them successful. All manufacturers that assemble products in the United States are invited to nominate their plants. Unlike many other awards, there is no entry fee.
The Assembly Plant of the Year award is sponsored by ASSEMBLY Magazine. The goal of the Assembly Plant of the Year award is to identify a state-of-the-art facility that has applied world-class processes to reduce production cost, increase productivity, shorten time to market or improve product quality.
Any assembly plant in the United States is eligible. Plant, size, type of assembly process or type of industry is not important, as long as the facility is involved in joining discrete parts into finished products.
Nominations are solicited from a diverse group of manufacturers that reflect the magazine’s demographics. All nominees are evaluated by ASSEMBLY’s editorial staff, based on criteria such as:
- Have assembly processes been improved through the use of new technology?
- Has the plant improved its performance by making more effective use of existing technology?
- Has the plant taken steps to reduce production costs?
- Have new or improved assembly processes resulted in increased productivity?
- Has the plant used assembly improvements to reduce time to market?
- Has the plant boosted bottom-line profits and competitive advantage?
- Did operators play a role in the successful implementation of new assembly strategies?
- Has a product been effectively designed for efficient assembly?
- Has the plant attempted to protect the environment and conserve natural resources?
The winner of the Assembly Plant of the Year award receives an engraved crystal award and a commemorative banner during a special presentation at the plant. The winning plant is also featured in the October issue of ASSEMBLY Magazine.